Sunday 23 March 2014

More contracts to sign

It has been a pretty eventful week. There has been quite a bit of back and forth with my solicitor. I received my exchange contract which was an interesting read to say the least. I also received the mortgage offer by mail, so that I could sign and return.

Back to the exchange contract. I wonder how many people actual read these things? I am one of those people that enjoy reading operating manuals, so of course I had a good read of this. There were some interesting things in there. No show stoppers for us, but I am sure they may be for others. A few examples:

  • no tree can ever be higher than 1.8m anywhere in the yard, front or back.
  • no car is allowed which weighs more than 2500kg, fully laden.
  • no commercial vehicles
  • if washing is hung out where it is visible from the road, then the estate management have the right to remove this. (!)
  • If the lawn at the front of the house gets too long, then the estate management have the right to mow the lawn and charge us for this.
  • Bloor have the right to put signage on my property
  • Bloor have the right to take and use photos of the property
The last two points are during the first 5 years of living at the property, but still...wow. I know that there are a few more phases of properties being built and marketed on the estate we are buying, so I kind of understand the need for advertising etc. 

These contracts and documents have all been signed, initialled and witnessed...and sent back to the solicitor.

No comments:

Post a Comment