Thursday 13 March 2014

Solicitors

As with the mortgage advisor, we went with the solicitors that was recommended by the Bloor sales agent. We believe that this should hopefully keep things running smoothly, if the solicitors have experience with the estate where our house would be and also with Bloor Homes. Time will tell if that is the right decision.

Again, when signing up with the solicitors, I had to write what seems like my life story on the relevant forms. I also had to provide proof of identity, proof of current address and proof of deposit. This has all been sent through. Nothing more to do here I guess until I get the full mortgage offer so we can work towards exchanging contracts.

One thing I didn't mention before is that there is a big push from developers to exchange contracts ASAP. We were told that they wanted exchange to happen within 28 days of reserving the house. I would prefer to exchange and complete on the same day, as I have done with previous house purchases. But reading online, it seems this is standard practice with new-build homes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment